PDA

View Full Version : Magistrate / Crown Court hearing - how to find the outcome online

Deep
06-11-2007, 10:37 AM
How can i find the outcome of a Magistrate Court or Crown Court hearing? I'm sure there is/was an online website that listed all the cases and the sentences etc, but can't find it now...

Dr M
06-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Try

www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk (http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk)

It should take you to the front page of the UK courts (both Crown & Magistrates)

Deep
06-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Cheers - but where does it give you the option to find out the outcome of cases?

oldcodger
06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't think it does. The powers that be have been saying for some yeras that they will get it all on line for public reference but I doon't think it has happened yet.

As far as magistrates courts are concerned the outcome of a case is a matter of public record. You can ask to see the records by contacting the head office for the court where the case was tried. You can find that at the link Dr M gave. You won't get any help but will be expected to plough througth the records until you find what you want.

I don't know what crown courts do about this.

Usually the best source is the local paper, if the case was the sort of thing they report on.

shackbleep
06-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Cheers - but where does it give you the option to find out the outcome of cases?

It has a link to the register of judgements, orders and fines (http://www.registry-trust.org.uk/) where you can request searches (for a fee, unfortunately!) and get the results posted to you (if I read it correctly)

You can't instantly see results online yet. Pity!

Deep
06-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I think thats just for County Court Judgments unfortunately... I'm looking for a Crown Court judgment. Thanks anyway though :)

jamesson
06-11-2007, 07:37 PM
You can ring the court and ask. They should be able to tell you.

Deep
06-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Tried that.... no answer!

fatboyjim154
06-11-2007, 08:12 PM
What court is it?