Thread: Pleading guilty by letter

Default Pleading guilty by letter

If you are offered the option to plead guilty by letter and actually turn up at court to enter your plea will your sentence be the same, or will the magistrates consider it a waste of time and increase the sentence/costs etc?
    VENI, VIDI, SCUBICI

I can't see that it would make any difference. I certainly don't think you'd be penalised for it, that's assuming you intend to enter a 'Guilty' plea just the same. I suppose you do get the chance to say a few words on your own behalf so there may be some mileage in it. OC will pop up and advise no doubt.

your not suggesting the magistrate would issue a stiffer sentence because you caused an inconvenience to him are you

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Marauder
    If you are offered the option to plead guilty by letter and actually turn up at court to enter your plea will your sentence be the same, or will the magistrates consider it a waste of time and increase the sentence/costs etc?
    Have a look at this and post again if you need to.

http://www.5ive-o.org/forum/faq.php?..._courtfaq_post
    I post here as an individual not as a representative (official or unofficial) of any organisation
    For legal advice, consult a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by noyourrights
    your not suggesting the magistrate would issue a stiffer sentence because you caused an inconvenience to him are you
    We have to give reasons for our decisions.

Sadly the Lord Chancellor does not consider teaching some oik not to take the p*ss is sufficient reason to increase a fine.

But then he never did have a sense of humour
    I post here as an individual not as a representative (official or unofficial) of any organisation
    For legal advice, consult a lawyer.

Thats when they actually turn up of course!
    Alton Towers the magic never ends. Well imagine my shock when they closed at 7.30PM

Thread Information