Thread: Points on licence: what is worse SP50 or CU30

Default Points on licence: what is worse SP50 or CU30

i know theres a few insurance guys on here. was just wondering what is worse in terms of insurance.

an SP50 or a CU30,

whats more likely to bump up my insurance.??

cheers guys.

Hmm...good question for Russ.
    Don't tell me that the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
    Doctors agree that a good diet and exercise can prolong life expectancy, but so can wearing a hard hat while being on the look-out for cheese.

Huh?! Are you trying to decide which one to go for next?! :?

LOL!!! "This week I shall mostly be aiming for an SP50!"....

I think this is related to the mix up on his licence where he was stopped for balding tyres (CU30) but has received his licence back with an SP50 on it, instead.
    Don't tell me that the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
    Doctors agree that a good diet and exercise can prolong life expectancy, but so can wearing a hard hat while being on the look-out for cheese.

Well, tricky one that. It depends from insurer to insurer. I would say that these days a SP50 is less than a CU30.

People pick up speeding fines all the time but usuing a vehicle with a bald tyre is viewed as negligance. IE if the car has that fault then the owner may not care for his car and what else might be wrong with it.

Not saying you don`t care about your 205 but some people don`t care about the condition of their vehicles.

Whatever one may be higher than the other you must ensure that the correct one is displayed on your licence and disclosed ( despite what the wonderful world of PGAC says ) and as previously advised on your other thread you need to get it changed.

So in a nutshell i can`t say for your specific insurer the only actual way of finding out which would cost you more is to ask and they can quote with either.
    Russ

NOTE: The content of my posts on this site are of my own opinion. They do not reflect the opinions of any organisation I may represent, nor those of 5ive-o. For legal advice, please speak to a solicitor.

i will call my insurance company.

ooh, another question, now i have points on my licence do i have to notify my insurance company or wait till renewal?

and i dont have a 205 russ, i have a 106

ha ha, yep, read your avtar wrong. ( nice piccie though )

Just call them and let them know, most won`t charge for you telling them and it will just change from renewal.

Once they are told it`s done then, they cant get stupid in the future saying that they didn`t know.
    Russ

NOTE: The content of my posts on this site are of my own opinion. They do not reflect the opinions of any organisation I may represent, nor those of 5ive-o. For legal advice, please speak to a solicitor.

Thread Information